May the Glory of God’s creation fill your day with peace and hope.
You can listen online to any of the CD tracks.
The full stereo version is also available for download as an mp3.
PART ONE has teachings and
PART TWO has the music tracks,
1. Introduction – 0:37 (right click this link to download the mp3)
2. Prayer Revolution (theme song) – 3:33 (right click this link to download the mp3)
3. Prayer’s True Purpose – 2:53 (right click this link to download the mp3)
4. Opening Our Wings – 2:24 (right click this link to download the mp3
5. John’s Journey of Prayer – 2:40 (right click this link to download the mp3
6. In the Storms of Life – 4:48 (right click this link to download the mp3
7. Walking with Our Father – 2:46 (right click this link to download the mp3
8. Prayer Revolution Principles – 9:10 (right click this link to download the mp3
9. Lord Teach Us to Pray – 4:31 (right click this link to download the mp3
PART TWO: INTERACTIVE SONGS OF PRAYER
10. One Thing is Necessary – 2:46 (right click this link to download the mp3
11. Praying with You. Holy Spirit – (right click this link to download the mp3
(Examine me / I let go / Praise and thank you my God) – 7:42
12. Receiving your Life-Giving Word – 2:07 (right click this link to download the mp3
13. Seek First the Kingdom – 4:49 (right click this link to download the mp3)
14. Abiding with You Jesus – 2:23 (right click this link to download the mp3)
15. Clothing Myself in You – 2:23 (right click this link to download the mp3)
16. I Believe – 1:03 (right click this link to download the mp3
17. Every Breath – 2:12 (right click this link to download the mp3
18. Praying Your Name (Pachabel’s Canon) – 2:38 (right click this link to download the mp3
19. Yielding Father to Your Plan – 2:45 (right click this link to download the mp3
20. Our Father – 7:02 (right click this link to download the mp3
Mulled Bishops Wine
1 bottle claret
4 cinnamon sticks
Break cinnamon into small pieces. Simmer wine, cloves, and cinnamon for about 5 minutes. Strain wine. Serve Hot.
- Dinner is served by candle light. It is good for all of us to have traditions and rituals in the home, and also to serve the same special “St. Nicholas Day Dinner” each year on this Feast. Here’s one idea:
Traditional St. Nicholas Day Dinner
4-6 lb. pork shoulder roast – stuffed with:
1/2 cup diced fresh cranberries, 1 apple, diced,
2/3 cup prunes cut into bits,
1/2 – 2/3 cup raisins.
Bake in oven for about 3 – 3 1/2 hours at 350 degrees.
Or cook in crock pot all day slowly. (Serves 8)
Mashed potatoes and gravy
DESSERT: BLACK FOREST “GOOD WORKS” CAKE
Can be bought already made / or can be easily baked at home
– 1 roll refrigerated brownie cookie dough
– 1(21 ounce ) can of cherry pie filling
– 1/4 cup sliced almonds
– chocolate or fudge sauce
To make: divide brownie dough in half. Spread 1/2 in an 8″ round cake pan (greased). and the other 1/2 in a second 8″ round cake pan. (greased)
Bake as directed.
Cool both cakes. Place one cake on decorated plate.
Pour 1/2 of the thick chocolate or fudge sauce over the bottom cake and then cover with 1/2 the can of cherries.
Place other brownie cake on top. Refrigerate. Right before serving, pour remainder of Chocolate/fudge sauce over top. Cover with remainder of cherries and almonds. Serve with lots of whipped cream.!
Note – the reason for the cherries in the middle of the cake as well as for the fruit stuffing in the shoulder pork roast, is to symbolize the good works of St. Nicholas – some hidden from the eyes of men and some done openly. This cake serves as a reminder that our lives should be the same in this regard.
Let us know how your dinner turns out!!!
Novena to St. NicholasSay once a day for 9 daysAll-praised and all-honored hierarch, great wonderworker, Saint of Christ, Father Nicholas, man of God and faithful servant, man of love, chosen vessel, strong pillar of the Church, most-brilliant lamp, star that illumines and enlightens the whole world. Thou art a righteous man that did flourish like a palm tree planted in the courts of the Lord; dwelling in Myra thou hast diffused the fragrance of myrrh, and thou pourest out the ever-flowing myrrh of the grace of god.By thy presence most-holy Father, the sea was sanctified when your most-miraculous relics were carried to the city of Bari, from the East to the West to praise the name of the Lord.O most-superb and most-marvellous wonderworker, speedy helper, fervent intercessor, good shepherd that saveth the rational flock from all dangers, we glorify and magnify thee as the hope of all Christians, a fountain of miracles, a defender of the faithful, a most wise teacher, a feeder of the hungry, the gladness of those that mourn, clothing of the naked, healer of the sick, pilot of those that sail the sea, liberator of prisoners, nourisher and protector of widows and orphans, guardian of chastity, gentle tutor of children, support of the aged, guide of fasters, rest of those that labor, abundant riches of the poor and needy.Hearken unto us that pray unto thee and flee to thy protection. Show thy mediation on our behalf with the Most High, and obtain through thy God-pleasing intercessions all that is useful for the salvation of our souls and bodies. Keep this holy habitation, every city and town, and every Christian country, and the people that dwell therein, from all oppression through thy help, for we know that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much for good; and after the most-blessed Virgin Mary, we have thee as a righteous mediator with the All-Merciful God, and to thy fervent intercession and protection we humbly hasten.Do thou, as a watchful and good shepherd, keep us from all enemies and pestilence, earthquake and hail, famine, flood and fire, the sword and invasions, and, in all our misfortunes and affliction, do thou give us a helping hand and open the doors of God’s compassion; for we are unworthy to look upon the height of Heaven because of the multitude of our sins. We are bound by the bonds of sin and have not done the will of our Creator nor kept His commandments.Wherefore, we bow the knees of our broken and humble heart to our Maker, and we ask thy fatherly intercession with Him lest we perish with our sins. Deliver us from all evil, and from every adverse thing. Direct our minds and strengthen our hearts in the orthodox Faith, which, through thy mediation and intercession, neither wounds, nor threats, nor plague, nor the wrath of our Creator shall lessen. But vouchsafe that we may live a peaceful life here and see the good things in the land of the living, glorifying the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God glorified and worshipped in Trinity, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.