join us in prayer and fasting January 11-19, 2009.
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) will be signed into law if Congress
passes it on January 21-22, 2009. The FOCA is the next sick chapter
in the book of abortion. If signed into law, all limitations on
abortion will be lifted, resulting in the following:
1) All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals, will be required to
perform abortions upon request. If this happens, Bishops vow to
close down all Catholic hospitals – more then 30% of all hospitals in
2) Partial birth abortions will be legal and have no limitations.
3) All U.S. taxpayers will be funding abortions.
4) Parental notification of abortions on minors will no longer be
required (regardless of age).
5) The estimated number of increase in abortions is 100,000 annually.
Just as important, the government will now have control in the issue
of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force
women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, Down
Syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children women
are allowed to have.
Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As
Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the needless
killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this
horrific act before it becomes a law.
PLEASE JOIN US IN saying a novena (9 days of prayer ) and fasting
from January 11-19. For Catholics, the prayer of choice is the
rosary for the special intention of stopping the FOCA. For those who are
not Catholic, we encourage you to pray your strongest prayers with the
same intention for 9 consecutive days. We hope and pray this will
branch and blossom to become a global effort.
Please do the following 3 things:
1) Pass this letter to 5 or more people within 3 days or less (so as
many as possible can start praying on January 11)
2) Say a novena from January 11-19, asking God to prevent the FOCA
from becoming law in the U.S.
3) Fast at least 2 days during this novena (either a complete fast of
bread and water, or a Lenten fast of no meat and meals limited to 1
regular meal and 2 lesser meals during the day).
Remember that with God all things are possible and the power of
prayer is undeniable. If you are against the senseless killing of
defenseless children, please join us in prayer and fasting.
May God bless you abundantly.