In October, 1996, a Worldwide Rosary was organized for the 50th anniversary of His Holiness Pope John Paul II’s priestly ordination. The event was held in 20 countries simultaneously. In Mexico, the Rosary was prayed in 2,600 different locations, with more than three million people participating. During the Worldwide Rosary Day which took place in October 2000 more than 140 countries joined in, with scores of Rosaries organized in Churches, stadiums, Cathedrals, bullfight rings, town squares, jails, hospitals, schools, etc. Many of these events were broadcast over live radio or TV. Millions of people participated all over the world.We wish to invite all religious and lay movements from the world to organize massive Rosaries, joining in this Worldwide Rosary Day 2008, in as many locations and countries as possible; to become part of this grand event during the month of October, programming the Rosary to take place during the first weekend of this month. We ask you to promote this event which surely pleases Jesus and Mary enormously.
- Prayer intentions: for love to flourish among human beings.
- For World Peace, Life and Family.
- For all the Unborn.
- For the Pope, all priests, and religious vocations to priesthood and consecrated life.
- Pray the Rosary with the Blessed Sacrament exposed.
- Include the following ejaculatory prayer: “Jesus, protect and save the Unborn” after every Mystery.
- Make the Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- Encourage the Sacrament of Reconciliation during the event.
- Obtain the plenary indulgence that is granted for praying the Rosary within a community.
- Institute the Worldwide Rosary Day on the first Saturday of the month of October, year after year.
- Create prayer groups that will meet at least once a month.